Posted on by
The Society for Educational Studies is pleased to announce the creation of a new Editorial Development Fund in association with Routledge Taylor & Francis. The Fund is intended to be used to facilitate publishing and writing workshops and other special events, as proposed by SES members, to further support the mission of the Society. To access the Fund, Members are encouraged to see the below process:
- Proposals to access the Fund are welcomed from SES Members. There is no deadline for receipt of a proposal, and proposals will be considered by a sub-committee of the Society’s Executive Board, including the Editor of the British Journal of Educational Studies.
- Proposals for up to £1,000 will be considered, to cover expenditure such as venue hire, travel, catering, etc. Any submitted proposal should include full details of proposed costs, the aims of the event, likely participants, and any intended outputs.
- Proposals are encouraged to include details of matched funding, other support, or any other arrangements that are relevant to the event planning.
- Priority will be given to events involving research students and early career researchers and where any outputs are offered initially to the British Journal of Educational Studies, except where a prior agreement exists.
- Details of approved events will be advertised on the SES website, as well as reported to members at the SES Annual General Meeting.
- All events and outputs that arise from funded events are required to acknowledge the Society for Educational Studies. Advice on how to do this will be provided when a proposal is approved.
If you are interested in applying for funding, put your proposal in writing to Prof. Gary McCulloch, Editor of the British Journal of Educational Studies, under the below headings:
- Event title
- Proposed date/s
- Aim(s) – linked to the aims of the Society
- Speakers and Audience
Professor Gary McCulloch, Editor, British Journal of Educational Studies