The Society offer an Annual Book Prize for books published in the field of Educational Studies. The Prizes are awarded each year for books published the previous year. The deadline for nominations is 31st March each year. To nominate a title, please contact Society Administrator Aidan Thompson and arrange for x3 review copies of the book to be sent to Aidan.
The call for nominations for 2019 has closed. The nominated titles are being considered by the sub-committee ahead of the announcement of Prizes in the autumn.
Criteria for award:
- At least one author must hold an affiliation with a UK educational institution;
- Titles cannot be edited collections, but sole or multi-authored monographs;
- Publication year is that printed inside the book cover, not the date a title is available to purchase;
- Titles must be relevant to the broad area of educational studies.
Titles are longlisted, then reviewed by sub-committee for:
- Quality of research and/or scholarship;
- Originality of analysis and argument;
- Theory/practice relation;
- Quality and accessibility of writing.
Publishers who have nominated books in recent years include Continuum, Dunedin, Open University, Palgrave Macmillan, Routledge, Sage, Trentham, Bloomsbury, Manchester University Press, Emerald Publishing and Wiley Blackwell.